Buy It Now

Peter’s Post-Auction Picks

October 24, 2017

Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)

Amid the rush of auction day even the most spectacular lots can slide through the cracks. The 25th anniversary auction at Los Angeles Modern Auctions Sunday is no exception. Fortunately, these pieces will remain on the market for a short period at a “buy-it-now” price.

Peter’s Post-Auction Picks

May 23, 2017

Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)

Even the most outstanding lot can get passed over in the excitement of auction day, and this past Sunday was nothing if not exciting! Luckily, Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) ensures that these top quality pieces remain available for a limited time after the sale.

Peter’s Post-Auction Picks

March 9, 2017

Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)

Sometimes, during the fast-paced excitement of our auctions, a handful of outstanding pieces get unjustly overlooked. Here I would like to highlight four such works – created by some of this country’s leading artists and designers – before they get snapped up. These lots are now for sale at a set price, so no bidding is required.

Peter’s Post-Auction Picks

October 13, 2016

Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)

Sometimes an exceptional piece slips through the cracks at auction. Usually this is because the auction is of such quality that even very special pieces can end up getting overlooked. I have picked out six examples from Sunday’s Modern Art & Design Auction, on October 9, which deserve closer consideration. These exceptional pieces could have sold at any other LAMA auction and if they show up once more, they will likely get more attention. These pieces are now available at a set price from LAMA and can be purchased outright, no bidding required. Here are my top fine art and design post-auction picks which are still available for sale:

Peter’s Post-Auction Picks for the May 6, 2012 Auction

May 14, 2012

In one important way, the May 6th record breaking sale isn’t even over. In all auctions there are lots where the available bidders are unable to meet the consignor’s reserve–the result is an opportunity for some incredible bargains and investments.

As there are several terrific works of art and design that are still obtainable, picking only five for today’s blog is like trying to pick your favorite child–you know you have one but you don’t want to hurt the other’s feelings. Thus, with a nod to that great child welfare officer, Solomon… we’re chopping the Post-Auction Picks blog in two as Dan Tolson picks his favorite design pieces still up for grabs, while I get to remind you of some of Peter’s personal favorites still up for sale.

Peter’s Post-Auction Picks: Top 5 Bargains for the Budget Shopper

July 1, 2011

As a follow-up to Top 5 Unsold Investment Lots, today Peter goes over unsold lots that are all priced under $700. #5 // Lot 428 Modern decorator acrylic desk Great desk or dining table, or both, especially for the small apartment. (Buy it now price: $400) #4 // Lot 407 American Modern lacquered coffee table Everyone […]

Peter’s Post-Auction Picks: Top 5 Unsold Investment Lots

June 29, 2011

The June 26, 2011 Modern Art  & Design auction had a high sell-through rate of 75%, but some may wonder, “what happens to the other 25% that did not sell?”  Well, we sell these unsold lots post-auction, meaning you can beat the competition and purchase these pieces NOW.  These unsold lots are not to be […]

Recap October 17th Auction: Unsold Lots

October 21, 2010

After selling about 70% of the 509 lots offered in the October 17th Modern Art & Design Auction, most people ask us, “What happens to the other 30% of the lots that did not sell?” Well, we offer them at reserve plus the buyer’s premium, so there’s no competing with other bidders. Therefore, you can […]

BID AND FOLLOW ON THE LAMA APP