How To Sell
For sellers Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) is an established marketplace for Modern and Contemporary Fine Art & Design. LAMA represents Modern Art and Design from a single piece to an entire estate.
Because LAMA is a specialty house for 20th Century material, items are carefully chosen to ensure the best marketplace for your valuables. Further, items are only accepted on consignment. It is not our policy to own items in the auction because we feel owning material may compete with the pieces from our consignors.
- Email us images or item descriptions to: Shannon@lamodern.com
- Mail images or item descriptions to:
Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
16145 Hart Street
Van Nuys, CA 91406
- Make an appointment to show us your collectables at our gallery
RECEIVE AUCTION ESTIMATE:
Once we have either seen your items in person or via email, we will establish an auction estimate based on the current market value. This estimate is free of charge.
ESTABLISH COMMISSION STRUCTURE:
If you are ready to consign we will then prepare a contract with our terms and commission structure. Our commission is a flat percentage based on the total value of the consignment. This fee is all-inclusive. There are no hidden fees such as photography, advertising, or a buy-in fee if the item fails to sell (most other auction houses charge as much as 8% for this). This commission also includes the listing fees and all advertising and promotional material. Our commission is very competitive with other auction companies, and is therefore one of the lowest in the business.
LET US WORK FOR YOU:
Your items will be marketed under the LAMA brand, a brandÂ that embodies recognized authority and expertise. Peter Loughrey, the Director of LAMA, has 25 years of experience in the field of 20th Century Modern Design and Fine Art, which he has used to develop this niche in the art world.
We work to promote your material in many forms. Your items will be:
- Professionally photographed
- Presented in a full color catalogue
- Marketed on our website and blog to over 15,000 visitors/month
- Showcased to the invited public in our gallery during the preview before the auction
- Advertised in a variety of art and design publications
- Announced via emails sent to our email database of over 20,000 email addresses