20th Century Modern Art & Design Auction: February 10, 2008
Los Angeles, CA- Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA), L.A.’s premier auction house of Modern Art & Design, will hold its first auction of the New Year Sunday, February 10th at the PacificDesignCenter. Featuring over 450 lots of paintings, prints, sculpture, furniture and other decorative objects from 1920 to the present, the auction promises to showcase an extraordinary collection of work from the world’s most renowned Modern artists and architects.
The auction’s top examples include:
- Fine Art by Andy Warhol, Marc Chagall, Ed Ruscha, Helen Lundeberg, Kenneth Noland, and Picasso. Ranging from $1,500 to $40,000
- Walter Dorwin Teague exceptionally rare “Nocturne” radio. This cover lot is estimated at $80,000-100,000
- An exceptional selection of George Nakashima designs (dining table, coffee table, bench, and suite of chairs). Ranging from $1,000 to $100,000.
- Large selection of Architectural Pottery and other Studio Ceramics from Ettore Sottsass, Gio Ponti and Marc Newson. Ranging from $800 to $3,000.
- Large selection of Danish Modern furniture including Hans Wegner, Poul Kjaerholm and Arne Jacobsen. Ranging from $3,000 to $40,000
The auction officially begins February 10th at 12pm, with a preview running February 6th thru 9th 10am-6pm. LAMA, celebrating its 15th anniversary, is planning 3 sales in 2008, and produces a full color catalogue on each item for auction. All images now available. For more information or an auction catalogue please, call or email Shannon Loughrey at 323- 904-1950 or Shannon@lamodern.com